Current Board and Duties
- Roland Fox Chairman, Working on the Forestry and County problems with grants, trees and Rhododendrons.
- Jane West, Deputised for Roland, working with Smiths Gore and residents.
- Dominic Skerry, Led the change over to Smiths Gore from Countrywide.
- Larry Woodland, Carrying out regular inspections of the woods, running behind on tree work
- Peter Fitzgerald, Writing updates to residents and working on accounts.
- John Richomme (Smiths Gore), Involved in many aspects of the estate work.
- Ross Collins (Smiths Gore), woodland manager.
Rhododendrons and Trees
It is fair to state that the majority of the householders would like as little change to the woodlands as is possible, apart from the removal of really dangerous trees and general improvement works.
We are probably all aware from the media that a disease carried by Rhododendrons is a most severe threat to the majority of the woodlands in the west of the UK.
The disease caused by Phytophthora ramorum, is spreading from Cornwall through the South West.
We have been left in no doubt that as Directors and members we have a legal responsibility:
- County Council were aware of isolated problems in Crinnis Wood.
- Council will give us 7 days notice to start clearing the if disease is found again, at our cost !
- The Forestry Commission awarded us a grant after FERA detected infection by Phytophthora.
We really have little choice, either act now, or have higher costs later. This is why Paul Wallace has undertaken the clearance of Rhododendrons.
Peter Fitzgerald, 31st May 2012